Monday, February 16, 2009

My Prayer List

I just wanted to pass on some people I'm praying for:

-Josh, my brother, who is in a world of hurt.
-Mike, my cousin, who lost his job.
-Katie, my friend, who is making decisions with lifelong consequences.
-Bryan, my friend, who just moved to Ukraine for a year.

I also want to pass along some thoughts I had while reading Genesis 29:

You would think God's plan would have been for Jacob to go to Paddan Aram, marry Rachel and have 12 sons with her.  But then Laban steps in and tricks him into marrying Leah first.  The "plan" was ruined.  But yet God works all things together for good (Rom 8:28), and from Leah we get Levi and Moses, and also Judah, David, and Christ!

3 comments:

Kurt said...

It is good to know that God is sovereign over even the crap in our lives.

Dan "the man" Beasley said...

wow, I did not know that. Thanks for the post!

bekah rehm said...

Thank-you Caleb!!! I appreciate this post! I did not know Mike had lost his job! I will be praying, I am praying for Josh, and Katie, and I appreciate that you, and Abby are praying! Thanks for posting this! Now more than ever is definately a time for prayer! Praise the Lord though that He works all things together for good! I appreciate you sharing about Rachel, and Leah! That certainly brings things into perspective!!

Praying With You!
Bekah