Friday, December 5, 2008

A Happy Birthday


A very happy birthday - despite the fact that my dear family was gone in VA! Sniff! :-)


The Semi-Monthly Settlers of Catan tournament just happened to fall on the 8th so I played for the first time. My first game was pretty good - except for the part where I lost to Phillip :-) But the second game was wild! I played John B., Esther and Luke Pena, and John ended up winning before we barely even started - so the rest of us just continued. We planted up all the remaining houses, built all the roads we could and played until the board looked like a maze and you couldn't tell what belonged to you!


That afternoon we celebrated during the Hucker half-time, in traditional Beasley fashion, with a delicious ice cream cake! (It was so good it didn't last long enough to be photographed :-)


No comments: