Tuesday, December 11, 2007

No, We're Not Dead

Well it is good to know someone reads this blog. Other a couple of months of no comments whatsoever I began to wonder. Now that I know people are reading this I will to get Abby or I to post occasionally. Actually Abby is working on a post but didn't have time to finish it, and I guess hasn't gotten back to it yet.

Anyway, God has been good to us. Life is a little calmer (believe it or not) so we've been able to get nicely settled into our apartment. It is really working out wonderfully. It has room for all our belongings yet not too big. And Abby has decorated the living room/kitchen with Christmas lights and garland. She did a good job.

We've been attending quite a few Roadrunner games as Joe (my brother) is a starter and Little Phil plays on junior high. It is very nice that the gym is so close (only about a mile south). We've been entertaining siblings on occasion as they often need a place to hang out "in town" for a couple hours. Abby seems to keep busy during the day with writing thank you notes and cleaning and reading, but I'll let her comment on that at some time or another. My job is keeping me busy (most of the time) during the day. I'm working on a variety of projects from roadway and trail design in Blair to storm sewer rehab at Offutt AFB to pavement reconstruction at Eppley.

Lately I've been reading in Galatians and Ephesians and have been encouraged as Paul lays out the gospel message for us and encourages us to love one another and be unified as Christians. The work Christ did on the cross is awesome! "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." --Eph 2:8-9

4 comments:

Joel said...

I'm reading this too. Hi :-)

Dale's Daughter said...

God has definately blessed you both and I pray that He will continue to in the future.
I very much enjoy reading your blog and just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea! If you can't think of who "dale's daughter" is, it's Leah R. from the bike races.
Have a very blessed CHRISTmas!

Rehm family said...

So glad to hear that you both are still alive!! Thanks so much for the post, and we look forward to more.

Traci said...

Glad to hear you both are doing well! I was wondering when you were going to post. I check this several times a week.
Congrats on Josh's engagement.